Why do I need my own survey?
- Is the agreed price reasonable?
- Are there defects or drawbacks I don’t know about?
- The survey will inspect all visible and accessible parts of a building, including roofs, walls, floors, windows and doors, chimneys, cellars, garages and outbuildings.
- Includes evaluation of a property’s condition.
- You can request that certain areas are included to cover particular concerns that you may have about the property.
- It can be offered with or without our opinion on the market value of the property.
Commissioning your own survey is the simple, economical way to avoid unpleasant-and perhaps costly-surprises after moving in.
I Already Have A Mortgage Valuation Report…
The Consumers’ Association Which? magazine and the Council of Mortgage Lenders both give the advice that even if you are seeking a mortgage-and may be paying for a Mortgage Valuation report it is still advisable and prudent to arrange a survey by your own surveyor. The reason is simple: the Mortgage Valuation report is prepared for the lender – not for you, the borrower! Even if you get them to undertake a survey, this is again instructed via the Mortgage Company so there is no direct personal relationship being developed between yourselves. It is almost impossible to call them or ask for specific advice/investigations to take place – this does not happen when instructing PA Surveyors.
Why Instruct PA Surveyors?
Every property is unique and has different issues, not to mention their construction techniques as well as having various alterations over the years. Our Chartered Surveyors have the experience necessary to give you the relevant tailored advice for your investment.
We also aim to provide information on the urgency of any repairs as well as time frames for when such work should be implemented. Furthermore, we are happy to provide input on any proposed alterations – bringing in our architectural knowledge and building project experience. Often many Clients later instruct us to design and manage extensions/loft conversions etc within their home.